About Brooks Gibson, M.Ed.
Degrees and Awards
The National Dean's List
Who's Who in American Universities
The American Christian Leadership Council
Living Water International
Teaching as an adjunct Educator:
Arizona Certified Community College Instructor:
Glendale Community College - Courses:
Introduction to Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Personality Psychology and Abnormal Psychology.
Paradise Valley Community College - courses:
Arizona College of the Bible - courses:
Bible/Theology, Youth Ministry.
Brooks has over 30 years of experience in working with married couples, families, children, adolescents and adults, all concerning a wide range of issues, developing several areas of specialization during that time. He has served the community for many years in ministry and in various roles on committees and as a Court appointed forensic expert in the Arizona Court System. Listed are only a few of these examples, including:
- The Maricopa County Superior Court’s Behavioral Health Committee for ten years.
- Co-author of: Planning For Parenting Time: Arizona’s Guide For Parent’s Living Apart. This booklet, updated in 2013, is intended to help parents reach agreements about parenting time with their children and is Arizona’s guide to resolving child custody dispute.
- Served on the Domestic Relations Committee’s, Ad Hoc Child Custody Workgroup from 2010-2011. The Domestic Relations Committee (DRC), an interim legislative committee, was formed by legislation that was passed in 2002, (A.R.S.§ 25-323.02). The DRC established the Ad Hoc Work-group (members list) in 2010 to review and recommend improvements to the Arizona Revised Statutes, Title 25, Chapter 4; on Child Custody. The Workgroup drafted written suggestions for new statutes-Ad Hoc documents drafted, posted their work on the Supreme Court's website-
- and sought input from the community by holding open meetings and encouraging public comment through discussion on language regarding the “Primary Parent” & “best interests” of the child.
- Providing testimony to a Senate Committee of the Arizona Legislature on proposed bills concerning the handling of mental health experts appointed to high conflict divorce and child custody cases in Family Court.
- During Mayor Paul Johnson’s term, Brooks served on the Mayor’s Adolescent Task Force and taught Parenting Classes in the community for parents of adolescents.
- Brooks is the founder of Mending Lives LLC, an organization that provides many services to families in the west valley in addition to counseling. Brooks is also a charter member of the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC).